Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Two In A Row? DOUBLE WHAMMY!!!

Hello, readers. I feel that the only way to atone for my absence is to whip out another review today. Therefore, I will be reviewing High Tension. It's a French movie made by a French guy (Alexandre Aja) so I watched it with English subtitles. Even so, it's a fantastic movie. Basically, these two French college ladies, Alex and Marie, go to a somewhat remote area of Southern France to study for some big exams. When they arrive at the farm where Alex's parents live, the first day goes well. That night, however, an intruder with a straight razor just walks in (not through the window, though). This commences a terrifying night and a bloodbath ensues. After the massacre of Alex's family (including a little kid), Alex is kidnapped, and Marie is all alone, trying to figure out what to do. She pursues the fat man, and one gas station clerk is killed. The movie lives up to the title. I often found myself on the edge of my couch during some scenes. A must-see for anyone who likes modern horror cinema.

8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment